Should I use a casino bonus or not?
On the internet you find hundreds of different online casinos. All of them offer welcome bonuses, reload bonuses and other kind of bonuses. They use bonuses to trigger you to join their casino. When I started to get more interest in the online casino industry I asked myself the following question “Should I use a casino bonus or not?”. Every casino I visited offered me a different kind of bonus and different terms and conditions. I used a few of them. Some with positive results and others with a negative feeling. I had a few positive experiences with bonuses with low wagering requirements and no deposit bonuses. But on the other hand there are a lot of bonuses with unrealistic terms and conditions.
On this page I am going to show you all kinds of available bonuses. I will give you the reasons when you should use this bonus and when you should avoid this bonus. Let me start with an overview of our recommended online casinos with reliable casino bonuses. Underneath you find safe online casinos with casino bonuses you should use when you join the casinos.
|€10 Free + 11 Spins|
|N1 Casino||€10 Free Cash|
150% Bonus + 50 Spins
|PlayGrand||50 Free Spins|
|50 Free Spins|
|Dunder||50 Free Spins|
200% Bonus + 180 Spins
|50 Free Spins|
|One Casino||€10 Free Cash|
300 Free Spins
|Up to 50 Free Spins|
|21Casino||21 Free Spins|
121% Bonus (€300,-)
|21 Free Spins|
|Trada Casino||50 Free Spins |
|50 Free Spins|
|Jonny Jackpot||100 Free Spins|
|50 Free Spins|
|Casilando||10 Free Spins|
€300,- + 90 Spins
|50 Free Spins|
Important things you have to look at when you can collect a casino bonus
As mentioned above, almost every online casino offers you bonuses and promotions when you join them. In the upcoming paragraphs I am going to describe every kind of bonus and why you should use this bonus or not. before you collect a casino bonus it is smart to have a look at the following important things.
- Is this online casino safe and reliable?
Check out the internet if the casino you want to join is reliable and safe. We recommend you to only join casinos that are listed on our website. All the casinos on our website are checked and tested.
- Does the casino accepts players from your country and is the bonus available in your country?
Online casinos do not accept players from every country. So it is smart to check out the casinos that accept players from your country. If a casino does not accept you, you can not collect the available casino bonus
- What is the wagering on the available bonus
The majority of casinos offer bonuses that require a certain amount of wagering. There are big differences between wagering at online casinos. The best casinos have wagering up to 25x the bonus amount. Others require wagering up to 99x the bonus and deposit amount.
- Is there a maximum payout on the bonus?
There are casino bonuses where there is a maximum payout added to the terms and conditions. This is normally the case when you receive a no deposit bonus on registration. Most casinos with a no deposit bonus have a maximum winning payout of €100.
- Is the casino bonus available on all available games?
Sometimes casinos give away deposit bonuses or no deposit bonuses that are only valid on certain games. This means that you can not play all the available games in the casino when you use this bonus. Keep an eye on these bonuses because it is more interesting to use bonuses you can use on all games.
General welcome bonus information
When you decide to start playing at an online casino you have a huge choice between casinos. And every casino offers a different welcome bonus. You can choose a casino that is recommended by a friend or you can search a perfect casino on the internet. It is important to know what you are looking for. Are you looking for sportsbetting, classic casino games or do you want to play slot games?
When you are looking for sportsbetting it is smart to open an account at a casino that offers betting on sports and has a sports bonus. A few of my favorites are BetVictor (Bet €10 and get €40) and Bethard (125% bonus up to €125 on 1st deposit). If you want to play casino games or slot games you can join every casino listed on our website. They all offer you a welcome bonus.
A welcome bonus can contain the following bonuses (some of the casinos offer more than one of these bonuses in a package):
- Free Spins on sign up (no deposit needed)
- Free money on registration (no deposit needed)
- 1st Deposit bonus (extra money on top of deposit amount)
- Free spins on 1st deposit
- Free amount of money on 1st deposit
Above you see the welcome package of 21Casino. This reliable online casino offers a great welcome bonus. And it contains a lot of the mentioned bonuses. 21Casino offers you a double no deposit bonus (€10 free + 10 free spins) and a double bonus on the first deposit (121% extra play money and 100 Spins on a video slot).
Use a casino bonus or not?
Now it is time to tell you if you should use a casino bonus or not. I am going to tell you when you should use an available bonus and when you should avoid a bonus. Keep notice that it is my personal opinion and your opinion can be different than mine. In the following paragraphs you find an advize on every kind of casino bonus available. I check the bonus terms and the conditions and give you an honest opinion.
Free play money on sign up (no deposit bonus)
I think around 30% of the online casinos offer free play money when you join their casino. Free play money is an amount of money you receive when you join a new casino. There is no first real money deposit needed in order to collect the free play money. The normal amounts of free play money are €5 or €10. You find the €5 free casino here and the €10 free casinos on this page. Basically you sign up and after registration you see the free amount of money in your account. Now you are ready to try a few games at the casino. There are a few casinos
This is Why you should use a free play money bonus
- There is no risk of losing any money
- A free chance to try a number of games
- There are no costs when you claim this bonus
- You can win real money with a free play money bonus
A few reasons why you should not use a free play money bonus
- There is always wagering active on free play money bonuses
- Free play money is a way to trigger you to join a casino. When you are not prepared to make a real money deposit at a casino I suggest you to not join the casino and use the free play money. When you only use the free play money the casino has your details and you will receive daily newsletters and bonuses. These bonuses are not interesting when you don’t want to play with real money
- When you use a free play money bonus there is a maximum amount of money you can win. If you manage to hit a few big wins you can only payout the winnings up to the maximum payout amount. You are losing the other share of your winnings.
Free Spins on sign up (no deposit needed)
More online casinos offer a number of free spins when you join their casino. Actually free spins are not very different than free play money. Free spins are worth free money. You can use free spins on a selected amount of video slot games. So you can not play every available game with your free spins. Casinos offer you 20 up to 100 free spins on registration. The more spins you recive the more chance you have to hit a big win. At 99% of the casinos that offer you free spins you receive all spins straight after your registration. Simply sign up at a casino with free spins and open one of the selected games. You receive the winnings in real money. Ue your winnings to play all the other games at the casino.
Reasons why you should try free spins on sign up
- There is no deposit needed to collect the free spins
- Free chance and no risk of losing any money
- You can win real money with the free spins
- Try a video slot for free and see if you can win some money
This is why you could choose to not use a free spins casino bonus
- You can only try 1 game with the free spins
- There is a maximum amount of money you can cash out with no deposit free spins
- After you received your winnings you need to wager that amount a certain times before you can cash out the winnings. When you hit a big win during the free spins it could be hard to reach the wagering requirements
- After using the free spins you are registered at the casino and you receive promotions in your email and on your mobile phone. If you don’t want this we recommend you to not sign up at an online casino or simply sign out for notifications.
Bonus money on top of your first deposit (real money deposit required)
When you are ready to try an online casino with real money it is important to play at a casino that is reliable. And it is important to play at a casino that supports your preferred payment option. Most online casinos offer local payment options and the global deposit options. With your first deposit you are able to collect interesting amounts of extra play money. This money is called “bonus money”. Online casinos offer you a 1st deposit bonus between 100% and 400%. The average casino offers a 1st deposit bonus between 100% and 200%. We recommend casinos that offer a maximum bonus of 200% because a higher welcome bonus requires higher wagering requirements.
*Wagering: you need to play through the bonus and/ or deposit money a certain amount of times before you can withdraw or cash out your winnings.
Use a 1st deposit bonus when it matches the following criteria
- Wagering is lower than 35x
- Only use first deposit bonuses when there is wagering on the bonus amount (not on the deposit amount)
- Claim the 1st deposit bonus when you can use the bonus money on all available games
- Check if there is a maximum cash out when you use a casino bonus. Only use the bonus when there is not a maximum cash out available
- When the bonus percentage is 100% or higher
Do not use a 1st deposit bonus when…..
- You do not want to wager any money
- Want to have control over your winnings. When you use a 1st deposit bonus you need to wager money and it is not possible to payout winnings before you reached the wagering requirements
- Wagering is higher than 35x the bonus and/ or deposit amount
- The casino has a maximum win amount on bonus money
- You can not use the money on all the available games at the casino
Free spins bonus on 1st real money deposit
More and more online casinos offer their new players an amount of free spins as a reward for the first deposit. there are online casinos that offer 300 free spins on top of a first real money deposit. Normally you receive your free spins when you make a minimum deposit of €20 or higher. And at the majority of the online casinos you receive the free spins spread over a number of days.
Example: Sloty Casino offers you 300 free spins on top of your first deposit. straight after your first deposit you receive the first 30 spins on the selected video slot. After that you receive 30 free spins each day for 9 consecutive days in a row. So every day you have a free chance of winning some money and playing a video slot at Sloty Casino.
Casinos require wagering on free spins. When you win money with the free spins you need to wager that money a certain amount of times before you are able to withdraw those winnings. This could be tricky when you hit a big win with your free spins. With higher winnings your wagering amount is also higher. And it is harder to play through the wagering requirements.
Should you use a free spins casino bonus or not?
This is when we recommend you to use the free spins on deposit
- When you are new to online gambling. Free spins offer you a chance to play some free games and win some money
- If you are willing to play at a casino for a longer time with low stakes you can use the bonus
- When you decide to make a low first deposit (€20 up to €50). A low deposit is interesting because the wagering amount will be low. And the free spins are worth real money. So when you make a low deposit it is interesting to collect the free spins (extra money)
- If the wagering on free spins is lower than 50x the winnings
Don’t use the free spins on deposit when…
- You do not want to wager any money
- When you want to have full control over your winnings and payouts
- You do not want to come back to the casino to claim your daily free rounds
- Wagering is higher than 50x the winning amount
Reload bonuses (Refill your casino balance with deposit and bonus money)
The last interesting bonus at online casinos is the reload bonus. A reload bonus is a bonus for existing players at an online casino. First you use the welcome bonus or not. And when you are a member of the casino you receive reload bonuses from the casino. Most casinos offer a reload bonus a few times a week. With a reload bonus you can “reload” your casino balance with an extra amount of money on top of the deposit amount.
The average casino offers you reload bonuses up to 50%. And wagering at reload bonuses is most of the times the same as at the welcome bonus. You can always deny a reload bonus when you make a deposit at an online casino. Of course you can also select and activate the available bonus when you make your deposit.
Personally I never use reload bonuses because I want to have control over my money and my winnings. When I hit a big win I want to have the opportunity to withdraw those winnings at any moment.
A few reasons to use a reload bonus at an online casino
- A chance to collect extra money to play more games
- More chance of hitting a big win at a video slot game
- Take the reload bonus when the wagering is lower than 35x the bonus amount
- Claim the reload bonus when you insist to stay long at the casino
Do not claim the reload bonus for the following reasons
- When you want to keep control over your money. Playing without a reload bonus requires no wagering
- If you intention is to join a casino for a quick win
- Don’t use a reload bonus when you want to withdraw your money at any moment
My personal opinion about using a casino bonus or not
As a regular player I never use a bonus with wagering requirements. I often manage to hit a few big wins when I start playing at an online casino. Without wagering (without using a bonus) I can withdraw those winnings directly and stop playing for a while. when I had used the bonus I first had to wager the bonus amount before I could withdraw the money. On top of that it is very hard at a few casinos to reach the wagering requirements because some casinos have unrealistic wagering requirements. There are casinos that have 50x or higher wagering. Other casinos have wagering on both deposit and bonus money. It is almost impossible to reach those requirements.
When I receive a wager free promotion I always use that promo because it is a free chance of winning money. When I join a new casino with a no deposit bonus I always collect and claim that bonus. It is a free opportunity to try a few games.
Altough I am not using any of the available welcome bonuses, I recommend new players to use the bonuses because it gives them more time (more money) to play at the casino.
Try a number of casino games with the underneath €10 free casinos. Sign up a free account and play €10 free (no deposit needed)
|N1 Casino||€10,- Free Cash||No code needed|
|VideoSlots||€10,- Free Cash +|
11 Free Spins
|No code needed|
|Unique Casino||€10,- Free Cash +|
|No Code Needed|
|One Casino||€10,- Free Cash||No code needed|
|LapaLingo||€10,- Free Cash||BESTBETTING|
|LeoVegas Casino||€10,- Free Cash|
|No code needed|
|Enzo Casino||€10,- Free Cash||10FREE|
|ReelTastic||€10,- Free Cash +|
20 Free Spins