Sports Betting Tips
Every year the Sports betting market gets bigger and bigger. More and more consumers decide to try some online sports betting. And why not? It is fun, it is easy and when you are good at it (or lucky) you can win some money with it. With our Sports Betting Tips you can increase your winning chances.
Personally I like sports betting because it makes watching sports even better. When I am going to watch a game I place a little bet on the game. A bet makes a game better to watch and more exciting. When you search the internet for suppliers of sports betting, you find hundreds of different bookmakers. It might be hard to find the best betting site when you are a beginner. And how can you place the bets? On this page I am going to give you sports betting tips for beginners and you can also find more information about a few of my favorite bookmakers.
Step by Step I am going to take you through the online sports betting world. I am using example movies and a few of my favorite bookmakers to guide you through the world of Sports betting.
Top Sports Betting Sites 2023
Oops something went wrong!
Wat kost gokken jou? Stop op tijd! 18+ Promotiedeelname vanaf 24 jaar.
||Circus Sports review|
Wat kost gokken jou? Stop op tijd! 18+ Promotiedeelname vanaf 24 jaar. Minimum storting is €10, Maximum bonusbedrag is €250, Uitbetaling is alleen mogelijk nadat de rollover is beëindigd
||Jacks Casino & Sport review|
What are Sports Betting Tips?
Sports Betting Tips are strategies or bet suggestions made by a third party. This third party believes or is more knowledgeable than the betting site. A tip is a suggestion based on experience, numbers, results from the past and upfront knowledge.
We offer slightly different Sports Betting Tips than other websites with tips. On our website you find general tips. We don’t give tips on certain games or events. Our Sports betting tips are meant to help you increase your winning chances on sports betting. These general tips help you to make better decisions, to stay away from impossible bets and get the most out of your budget.
Before you start online sports betting
Maybe you already placed some bets at land-based bookmaker offices or at friends in your home town. Online sports betting is not the same because at online bookmakers there are a lot more betting options waiting for you. At major sport events you can sometimes place up to 250 different kinds of bets on just 1 single match. In the past the betting options where a lot smaller. You could place a win, a draw or a lose. But now you can bet on first half winners, score predictions, handicap bets, goal scorers, injuries, fouls and loads of more crazy kinds of bets. It is wise to do some research before you start placing bets. Check how the different kinds of bet work and what the chances are of winning a certain bet.
Before you start playing at an online bookmaker it is very important to be sure that you only play with money you can miss. Never play with money you need for your daily life. This is money you need to buy food, insurance and to pay your living. Always bet responsible because betting is very addictive and a lot of people are emotional betters (betting on their favorite team, or against teams they hate).
Sports betting tips for beginners – My personal tips!
I hope my sports betting tips for beginners helped you to start making a few winning bets. If not I recommend you to check out the underneath summary of tips for beginners. With the tips you are up and running within a few minutes and you are ready to place a few bets at safe and reliable bookmakers.
- Only play at safe and reliable online bookmakers (choose a bookmaker from our website, they are reliable)
- Play with money you can miss. Don’t play with money you need for your daily living
- Only play responsible and try to avoid emotional gambling and betting
- Use an available bonus when you register at an online bookmaker. With the bonuses you can collect more betting money.
- Be a patient gambler and take your winnings
- First bet on sports you like and you follow
- Choose simple bets first with relative low odds. In that case you can colect some winnings and you can get used to the sports betting website
- Bet on sports events you are going to watch. Betting on a game makes the game more exciting
- Follow tipsters on social media. They often give you good tips because they know every detail of a certain game or match
- Start with small bets
- Try to place single bets. Try to avoid multiple bets in one bet slip. When you add games to your bet slip the chance of winning gets smaller each time you add an extra bet
Pros & Cons Sports Betting Tips
- Increase Winning Chances
- Place more Bets with same budget
- Get more out of your budget
- Have more Fun
- Watch more games
- Get more budget with Bonus Tips
- Wins are not Guaranteed
- Risk of becoming a problem gambler
Getting Started – Choose an online Bookmaker
When you are 100% sure you want to start betting on sports it is time to choose a first bookmaker. You can only place bets at sports events when you have a verified account at a legal online bookmaker. On our website you find a selected amount of legal bookmakers. We added these bookmakers because they are 100% safe and reliable and they all offer you an interesting bonus when you join them. Signing up a at a bookmaker is always free of charge and it is very easy. For this blog I decided to sign up at Bethard because this bookmaker accepts players living in the Netherlands.
This is how you get started at an online bookmakers
- Choose a bookmaker from the table on top of this page
- Register a free account at the website of the bookmaker
- Verify your account with the activation link in your email
- Open the sports betting section of the website
- Find interesting bets
- Follow a few sportsbetting accounts on social media. So called tipsters give you daily betting tips. Sometimes they can send you in the right direction
- Make a first real money deposit and decide if you want to use the available bonus
Make a first real money deposit with the available Betting bonus
One of the most important Sports betting tips for beginners would be “Claim the welcome bonus when you join a new bookmaker”. As you can see in the above table, you can collect interesting welcome bonuses when you join the bookmakers/ casinos. I always recommend to use this bonus when you are a new to the world of sports betting. With the welcome bonus you are able to collect extra play money on top of your first deposit amount. As you can see Bethard offers you 200% bonus up to €100 when you make a first real money deposit. So when you deposit €50 you receive €150 to play with.
Making a first real money deposit at an online bookmakers is actually very easy. Simply follow the underneath steps and you are up and running and ready to bet within a few minutes.
- Login to your bookmaker account (after you joined a bookmaker)
- Visit the “Deposit” or “Banking” section of the website
- Choose the bonus you want to use (if available)
- Select a payment option. Most bookmakers offer you wire transfer, credit card, E-Wallets, local payment solutions, paysafe and Visa
- Add the amount you like to deposit and finish the deposit
- Within a few seconds (except with wire transfer) you have the deposit amount + bonus money in your account
Video – Placing bets on Sports at an online bookmaker
Ok now it is time to start placing bets at sports event and matches. I prefer to bet on football matches because football is my favorite sport and I think my knowledge for this sport is much better than for other sports. So in my video example I am going to place a bet on a few football matches. After I logged in to my Bethard account and made a €25 deposit I am ready to place a few bets.
In the video you see that I am opening the Sports section of Bethard. And there you see an overview of all the available matches and sports. At the left and right side of the website you can make your selections. At the majority of online bookmakers you can choose between the following selection options:
- Quicklinks – Normally the most popular sports, leagues, cups or countries
- Sports – Choose on which sport you want to bet
- League or cup – Choose which league or on which cup tournament you want to bet
- Countries – Select a country you would like to choose a bet from
- Bet search – Search for a particular bet you are looking for
- Date – Choose a day when the event takes place you want to bet on
- Quick Bets – Bookmakers often make suggestions for you. At the quick bet section you can place those bets with 1 single click
- Upcoming events – The most popular events that are about to get started
As you can see in the video I decided to make a few simple bets. To make things easy I did not made comprehensive bets in this example. This night Nice plays against Monaco in the French League Cup. Nice plays at home and they host a well playing Monaco. That is why the odds on Nice are higher than the odds on a Monaco win. My feeling says Nice is going to win this game because it is a cup match and Nice plays at home. I get 3,30 times my bet amount when Nice wins. I placed a €2,50 bet. So when Nice wins within 90 minutes I win 3,30 x €2,50 = €8,25. A cheap and fun bet to start with because I am going to watch this game on the TV.
My 2nd bet is a lower cup bet in England. Bury plays at home against Fleetwood Town. Fleetwood town is playing very well at the moment and Bury is losing allmost every game they play. In my opinion a nice bet to add to my bet slip. when Fleetwood town manage to win this game I win 2,40 times my 5 bet. So I win €12 when I am lucky.
Tip – Try Special bets on Sports events and matches
The most popular bet is the standard 1×2 bet. A 1×2 bet works as follows. You can bet a 1 when you think the home team or player will win. Bet a X when you think the match will end in a draw or bet a 2 when you think the away team or player will win. This is the most simple bet you can find at online bookmakers. But of course there is so much more you can bet on. A few betting examples are:
- Goalscores – Who scores, how much goals, hattricks
- Half time / Full time results – Who will win half time and who will win the second half
- Cards – How many cards? Who will get booked?
- Periods – When will the goals be scored? Are there goals in a certain period?
- Under – Over bets – Less or more than 2.5 goals in a match?
- Specials – Who will get booked? Are there any players getting injured?
- Tournament bets – who will win the tournament? Who is going to be topscorer?
- Handicap betting – A team starts with a 0-1 so it has to win with 2 goals difference to win the game
At bookmakers you find the extra and special bets behind the sport event of your choice. See red marked spots in the underneath screen. When you click at the numbers behind a bet the extra betting section of that certain event will open for you. The number tells you how many extra bet options you can choose from.
When you decide to click on the +113 behind the Atletico – Madrid – Lleida game you will find 113 extra bet options. Underneath you can see which other betting options you can choose from for this game. As you can see you can bet on Goals, Halves, Corners, Specials, Cards and Periods.
Decimal and fractional betting
At most online bookmakers you can choose to possible ways of betting odds. The most common one on the main land of Europe is the “decimal” betting and at the UK they bet with “fractional” odds. Let me explain how odds work.
Decimal odds look like this 1,20 – 2,00 or 3,00. And in my opinion the decimal odds are the easiest around because you simply multiply your bet amount with the odd. A simple example of the Atletico – Lleida game from the above screen.
Atletico Madrid – Lleida 1,09 | 8,25 | 29,75
When you bet €10 on a win for Atletico Madrid you receive €10 x 1,09 when Atletico wins. So you receive €10,90 after the game. When you bet €10 on a draw and the match ends in a draw after 90 minutes you receive €10 x 8,25 = €82,50 in your betting account.
Fractional odds are used for betting in the UK and in Ireland. And in my opinion they are a bit more comprehensive than the decimal odds. But maybe that is because I am used to decimal odds. Ok let me explain the fractional odds for the Atletico – Lleida match.
Atletico Madrid – Lleida 2/25 | 29/4 | 28/1
When you bet on a win for Atletico you get €2 for every €25 you bet. So when you bet €50 on Atletico Madrid you receive €2 profit (Total of €52) when this team wins. When you bet on Lleide to win you receive €28 for every euro you bet. So when you bet €10 and Lleida wins you receive €10 x 28 = €280 in your sports betting account.
Bet on a computer, tablet or on a mobile phone
99% of the Sports betting websites offer you a platform you can use on a computer, a tablet or on your mobile phone. Their websites are responsive and that makes it easy to place bets on any device with an internet connection. You only need to open the sports betting website and it will response to the device you are using. A few bookmakers also offer a mobile app that you can use to bet on sports. A mobile app makes more easy to bet on a mobile phone or tablet.
Online bookmakers also offer online casino games
Most online bookmakers also offer a casino section on their website. This is fun because you can play a lot of different casino games and video slot games with your winnings. You only need one single account to play casino games and bet on sports. If you only want to try a few online casino games I recommend you to join one of the underneath casinos because they offer you €10 free play money when you join them.