Best Credit Card Casinos Canada
The ease of funding your online casino account or withdrawing funds from it is a critical aspect of online gambling. As it is, there are plenty of payment methods you can use to gamble at Canadian online casinos, such as e-wallets, cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, and credit cards. However, not all are convenient regarding security, reliability, or speed of processing transactions.
Despite that, one method whose operational longevity and reliability in the iGaming space have been proven countless times towers above the rest. Of course, we are talking about credit card payment solutions. Credit cards are the most popular banking option for gamblers since its available worldwide. Besides that, the global appeal in the gambling sector is instigated by the top-notch security levels credit cards offer players.
For that reason, to paint a vivid picture of what credit cards and casinos are, how they operate, their merits and demerits, and how to deposit or withdraw, our iGaming experts will review the best Canadian credit card online casinos in this article. Additionally, we’ll recommend the top online casinos accepting credit cards and highlight the top alternatives to credit card payment options. Read on!
Table of Content
- What is a Credit Card?
- The Most Common Online Casino Credit Cards
- How do Credit Cards Work?
- How to Deposit Using Credit Cards
- How to Withdraw Using Credit Cards
- How we Choose the Best Online Credit Card Casinos
- Best Credit Card Online Casinos
- Credit Card Casino Bonuses
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Credit Cards
- Alternative Payment Methods
- Frequently Asked Questions
Where to deposit with Credit Card? – Best Canadian Credit Card Casinos February 24
For players who can’t wait and directly want to deposit with credit card at the right online casino, you can find our overview below. These are 10 online casinos at which you can deposit using for example American Express, Mastercard or VISA. You can also read our paragraph with the best credit card online casino’s. There you will find more detailed information about the best casinos!
20 Free Spins
Up to 1 BTC
|Alphabook Bet review
|Zinkra Casino review
Up to $5000
|N1 Casino review
*New & Exclusive
200 Free Spins
|LevelUp Casino review
+ 3x 100%
|Spin Casino review
What is a Credit Card?
Logically, credit is like a loan. We’ll use that to define credit cards. Therefore, it’s a bank-issued card or credit facility issued to users (gamblers), allowing them to purchase services and goods within a predetermined credit limit. However, you’ll have to settle later the funds used as agreed with the bank, ideally, as a monthly bill.
So, for online gamblers, this is an excellent option since you can always fund your online casino account, enjoy your favourite games, and pay what you owe later. Nevertheless, caution should be taken since this can lead to crazy debts, a poor lifestyle, and problem gambling. We recommend practising responsible gambling by managing your bankroll or limiting what you spend at online casinos to avoid gambling problems.
On the other hand, credit card casinos are online gambling sites that accept credit cards for deposits or withdrawals. Although there are countless casinos online that support credit cards, below, we’ll recommend and review some of the best that accept gamblers from anywhere in the world. Before that, let’s check the types of credit cards available at online casino sites.
The Most Common Credit Cards in Canada
Credit card is a broad term that encompasses all the brands of numerous credit financial institutions worldwide. Plenty of credit card options exist. Nonetheless, only a select few of these brands are ideal for online gambling. Therefore, below we’ll briefly highlight the most famous credit card brands thar are available in Canada.
- Visa: It’s the most popular and widely accepted credit card payment method you’ll find at Canadian online casinos. It’s been the go-to option for deposits and withdrawals by gamblers since its establishment in 1958. It offers instant deposits, better withdrawal timeframes, and above all, it’s secure and safe. Apart from cryptocurrency-exclusive online casinos, you’ll find Visa at almost every other online gambling site.
- MasterCard: The popularity of Visa is only rivalled by MasterCard, another great credit card online payment method. It was formed in 1966, and it’s a trustworthy banking option providing superb customer support services, fast deposits, and top-notch security of transactions. Also, many online casinos accept MasterCard, such as 22Bet.
- American Express: It’s also known as Amex and is most famous in the US. Although you may not find as many casino operators accepting Amex as a deposit or withdrawal option, it’s still a fantastic choice, offering fast and acceptable minimum deposits, reliable customer support, and solid security.
These are the most popular options you’ll use online, but there are others, such as Discover, Diner Club International, and JCB. So, if you have any of these cards, you can seamlessly initiate a deposit, immediately start playing your ideal online casino games, and pay the bill later.
The Difference Between Credit, Debit, and Prepaid Cards
All these are payment options you can use to cash out winnings or fund your casino account. However, it’s imperative that we explain the difference between these three card types because we often use them interchangeably. To kick it off, as described earlier, a credit card is an issued card with a credit limit that you can use up to a specific limit to play online casino games. Also, you’ll have to pay it all back with accrued interest.
On the other hand, a debit card is similar to a credit card, but it’s linked to your bank account. Therefore, any amount you deposit is deducted from your bank account, unlike credit card deposits that use credit funds. The merit of debit cards is that it helps you avoid debts, and you won’t incur interest rates. An excellent example of a debit card is Maestro.
Finally, a prepaid card works like a debit card because you must pre-fund it before using it for online deposits. A notable difference between a debit and a prepaid card is that you don’t need a bank account to use the latter. You can load it physically with your desired amount and then redeem the unique PIN to complete a deposit. Although it offers anonymity and security, you cannot request payouts via prepaid cards.
How do Credit Cards Work?
You’ll need a credit card to deposit and play your favourite real money online casino games. You can get it by visiting your nearest bank and applying for one. It usually takes a few days. If you already have one, you can play at any of our recommended online casino sites below, such as Unique Casino.
Once your card issuer issues you a credit card, you can fund your account. Depositing is straightforward as you’ll need to enter your card details, such as the card number (a 16-digit numeral), security code (at the back of the card), and your card’s expiration date. Below we’ll highlight the entire deposit process at the best credit card casinos.
With cutting-edge Secure Socket-Layer (SSL) encryption technology used by credit card institutions, gamblers can play online with the assurance that their details are safe from fraudsters and unauthorised third parties. That’s why it’s one of the most options for gambling online. Besides that, credit cards are accepted globally and support multiple languages.
In addition, you can virtually deposit using any currency, including GBP, USD, NZD, AUD, EUR, ZAR, JPY, CNY, NOK, PLN, and of course Canadian Dollars. Nonetheless, it’s important to note that you may incur conversion charges if you’re depositing and playing with another currency than the one you chose during registration.
How to Deposit Using Credit Cards
The primary advantage of depositing via credit cards is that you don’t need to worry about funds plus the deposits are fast and instant. Regardless of which card you prefer, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc., the deposit procedure is similar as outlined below.
Nonetheless, it’s important to note that although deposits are usually free, some online casinos may charge you for deposits. Generally, the deposit processing fee is small (about 2-3%), but the operator will always indicate this in the payment section. So, since you already have a credit card, this is how you fund your online casino account:
- Select one of our recommended top online credit card casinos below, such as 20Bet Casino.
- Create an account by providing personal details like email, name, country, currency, password, date of birth, etc. This procedure will take 1-2 minutes.
- Log in to your account.
- Afterwards, go to the cashier’s section and find your preferred credit card option (Visa, MasterCard, etc.).
- Then choose your option and enter the credit card details as described above.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit. The minimum deposit amount can be anything from €10 to €50, depending on the credit card casino.
- Finally, confirm or approve the transaction. The funds should reflect instantly in the casino player account.
Generally, top credit card casinos online have a higher max deposit limit than other payment methods. That’s a lucrative feature, especially for high rollers. Also, credit card casino deposits usually award players eye-catching welcome bonuses and promotions. So, ensure you claim them and enjoy an extraordinary online gambling adventure.
How to Withdraw Using Credit Cards
One of the major drawbacks to gambling on credit card casino online sites is that they typically don’t offer credit cards as a withdrawal option. Nevertheless, some online operators still allow credit card withdrawals, like the credit casinos on our list. In case you find you cannot request payouts via credit cards, there are other alternatives like e-wallets, cryptocurrencies, etc., you can use. We’ll discuss that later in this informative article.
That said, cashing out your winnings is as elementary as depositing. Below we outline a step-by-step guide to requesting a payout at the best credit card casinos:
- While logged into your account, visit the cashier’s section and click “Withdraw.”
- You’ll see a list of available options. Select the credit card option you used to deposit. If it’s not available, you have to use another method.
- Verify your credit card details (name, card number, etc.).
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw. The minimum you can cash out varies depending on the casino, but typically, it ranges between €20 to €250.
- Lastly, confirm your payout request and wait.
Now, this is another demerit of credit cards. Their withdrawals are much slower than other methods. Once you confirm your withdrawal, the casino will process it for about 2-3 days and wait another two days for the funds to hit your credit card. However, with fast payout online casinos that process withdrawals quicker, you can have your winnings within three days instead of the usual five.
In addition, note that your first cashout must undergo a mandatory KYC verification procedure. Although this further delays your withdrawal, it’s unavoidable. You’ll need to submit your legit and legal documents such as ID or driver’s license and a utility bill (electricity or water) as proof of identity and residence, respectively. Notably, credit card casinos offer higher max withdrawal limits (over €40,000).
How we Choose the Best Online Credit Card Casinos
We’ve examined how credit cards work, how to deposit, withdraw, and many other critical elements. Now before we showcase the top credit card casinos to play at, let’s look at how we choose the best credit card casinos. You can also use the below pointers to find an ideal credit card casino that best fits your gambling style.
Gamblers are sceptical about sharing their credit card information with unknown online casino operators. You’ll need to trust that particular operator enough to share your details, deposit, and begin real money wagering. That’s why we’ve done the laborious work and created this segment to help know the features we look at before recommending top credit card casinos like Ice Casino.
- Licensing and Security: This is the most crucial feature we explore. A credit card casino has to have rigorous security measures to protect players’ details, like passwords, credit card info, etc., from unauthorised access. Also, it must possess a valid license from the top iGaming authorities like UKGC, MGA, Curacao, Kahnawake, Isle of Man, etc.
- Design and Layout: For a credit card casino to join our list, it must have an intuitive and user-friendly interface that allows for seamless navigation. The site should load fast and allow players to easily access amenities like games, payment options, customer support, etc.
- Game Collection: A massive game library means players will have plenty to enjoy. We ensure our casino recommendations offer players high-quality online game titles like slots/pokies, table games, jackpot slots, poker, live dealer games, etc. These games should come from the top game studios like Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, Evolution, etc.
- Payout Speed: The top credit card online casinos must process credit card payouts quickly. The accepted withdrawal timeframe shouldn’t exceed 3-4 business days.
- Mobile Compatibility: With mobile devices currently at the core of our daily life routines, it should be possible for these casinos to support mobile gaming. We check its usability and interoperability, the number of mobile-optimised games, dedicated mobile apps, and supported devices (iOS, Windows, and Android).
- Bonuses and Promotions: Players should enjoy some incentive for making deposits or playing at a credit card casino. As such, we ensure our casino recommendations offer new and existing gamblers a series of captivating bonuses and promotions like no deposit bonuses, free spins, welcome bonuses, VIP programs, etc.
- Customer Support: Lastly, we check the ease and speed with which players can get assistance when they face gambling problems. Thus, the top credit card casino brands should provide spectacular around-the-clock support services via multiple channels (email, live chat, and contact number). Also, the site should offer services in various languages to accommodate most players.
Best Credit Card Online Casinos Canada
We’ve seen how we select the top credit casinos. It’s a rigorous process, and therefore, with our top 4 list of casinos below, you are sure to enjoy a fascinating gambling experience. These are the best credit card online casinos that accept players worldwide:
22Bet is a reputable brand formed in 2018 and has since cemented its position as a top iGaming casino. No matter your gambling needs, 22Bet has you covered because it features a casino and sportsbook section. Therefore, you can bet on major sports events like football, basketball, UFC, etc. Besides that, the casino section is elegant and hosts over 1500 online casino games like jackpots, slots, table games, poker, live dealer games, etc., from top software providers like Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, iSoftBet, Pragmatic Play, Betsoft, and more.
Moreover, the online casino supports over 200 payment methods, including credit cards, mobile payment options, e-wallets, cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, etc. On top of that, it supports multiple languages and provides unlimited customer support via live chat, email, and phone services. It has a good casino welcome bonus, 100% up to €300, and offers a sports welcome bonus and other ongoing promotions. You can safely gamble since it’s licensed by the UKGC and Curacao gambling authorities. Please read our full 22Bet casino review for more information.
Another top credit card online casino worth checking out is 20Bet Casino. It offers an eye-catching casino signup bonus worth up to €120 plus 120 free spins. Also, it has an exceptional sportsbook bonus to kick off your betting adventure. Obviously, that means you can bet on every sports event and wager on popular online casino games like live dealers, slots, table games, poker, and more.
Besides the welcome bonus, players can enjoy other promotions like reload bonuses, tournaments, and a befitting VIP program. The casino’s support agents are available 24/7 via live chat if you need assistance. 20Bet Casino provides ideal choices for payment options, including credit cards, crypto, and e-wallets. Also, it operates under a Curacao license, proving its reliability. For more info, kindly read our detailed 20Bet Casino review.
As its name suggests, Unique Casino is purely a special casino, which is evident when you register. You’ll receive a no-deposit bonus and claim a mind-boggling 3-tier welcome bonus worth up to €2000 plus 100 free spins. Later you can enjoy other promotions like cashback and a super-rewarding VIP loyalty program. Notably, casino bonuses have fair wagering requirements.
An outstanding range of games is available to players, including live dealers, arcade games, slots, table games, and more. These games are supplied by respected software publishers like Betsoft, NetEnt, Microgaming, etc., meaning you can enjoy top-notch games with captivating gameplay on mobile and desktop devices. Payouts are fast, and you can choose to transact with debit/credit cards, e-wallets, and cryptocurrencies. Customer support is available 24/7 via live chat, phone, and email. You can find out more in our complete Unique Casino review.
The last casino on our top credit card casinos list is Ice Casino. It has a simple design with a massive collection of online casino games. Yggdrasil, Betsoft, Play’n Go, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, etc., are some of the top game providers at the casino. As such, you can play top-end titles like instant games, slots, tables, video poker, live casino games, and more.
Grab yourself a €25 free chip upon registration and use it to try the casino’s games. Afterwards, you can claim a stunning €1500 signup bonus plus 270 free spins. Also, you can participate in online casino tournaments and level up in the VIP program. Ice Casino supports multiple languages, provides 24/7 support via live chat, and accepts diverse payment options, including e-wallets and credit cards. Please read our exhaustive Ice Casino review for more information about the online casino.
Credit Card Casino Bonuses
Promotional bonuses are a vital part of online casino gambling. All casino operators in the industry use them to entice players to register at their sites. The best credit card online casinos are no different. In fact, typically, they offer some of the best bonuses. These bonus rewards include:
- No deposit welcome bonuses
- Deposit signup bonuses
- Free spins
- Reload bonuses
You can claim these rewards when playing at top credit card casinos. However, you should note that these rewards have bonus terms such as wagering requirements, max bet, casino codes, validity period, and more. Therefore, you should learn more about the bonus terms and conditions before claiming and wagering any casino bonuses.
Advantages and Disadvantages of using Credit Cards in online casinos
Whether you’re using Visa, MasterCard, Amex, or any other credit card option, there are perks you’ll enjoy and shortcomings. Below, we’ve done a quick round-up of the merits and demerits of gambling using credit cards. Although you’ll still decide if credit cards are ideal for you, we think they’re a fantastic choice.
- They’re widely accepted by virtually all casino operators worldwide.
- Simple and easy to use for online casino deposits.
- Credit cards are the most secure and trusted online casino payment methods.
- Deposits are instant.
- They offer higher maximum deposit limits than other methods.
- Allow players to deposit and play and then pay the bill later.
- Credit cards may not be available as a withdrawal option
- Some casinos may charge you a small for either deposits or withdrawals.
- You’ll incur an interest rate till you settle the debt.
- Withdrawals take longer compared to other options like e-wallets.
Alternative Payment Methods
Top credit card casinos online provide plenty of options for deposits and withdrawals. Therefore, you’re not religiously tied to one option. Since it may be challenging to withdraw via credit cards, we’ve highlighted popular alternatives to credit card gambling below. Please note that these options are available at our recommended credit card casinos.
It’s one of the most popular e-wallet options for online gambling. It belongs to the Paysafe Group and has been operating since 1999. It’s famous in the gambling community as it’s easy to register and use, offer instant deposits, and consequently, faster withdrawals than credit card options like Visa.
Neteller payouts take 24 hours or less to process and provide excellent security of transactions. You can link your Neteller account to your bank, fund it, and start real money wagering. However, one drawback is that Neteller players are often excluded from casino promotions like welcome bonuses.
Skrill is a digital wallet payment solution for online casino deposits and withdrawals. It features striking similarities with Neteller since they belong to the Paysafe Group. Using Skrill is easy and convenient, and you can also fund your wallet by linking it with your bank account.
Skrill is a marvellous alternative for withdrawals since it supports multiple currencies and its payout timeframes are typically fast. After ordering a cashout, you’ll have your funds within 24 hours. Nonetheless, like Neteller, Skrill players cannot also enjoy welcome bonuses. Still, finding a few online casinos offering signup bonuses to Skrill users is not impossible.
Another superb alternative is Paysafecard. It’s a prepaid card and operates on a voucher-based system. That means you need to fund your Paysafecard before using it to deposit at an online casino. You’ll need to purchase and redeem a 16-digit code voucher of your desired value to fund it. You don’t need a bank account, which offers some sense of security since you won’t be sharing your sensitive information. Nonetheless, you can’t withdraw via this option.
Cryptocurrencies are rapidly overtaking other online casino payment options due to the perks they offer gamblers. While there are many crypto coins like Ethereum, Dogecoin, Litecoin, etc., Bitcoin is the most popular and widely accepted at our credit card casinos.
Due to the cryptographic blockchain technology, BTC is the most secure option for online gambling. Besides that, BTC deposits are instant, while withdrawals are lightning-fast. Cashouts take between 15 minutes to 1 hour to process. Furthermore, its transactions incur zero to negligible fees. Thus, Bitcoin is a perfect alternative to consider.
Credit Cards are a widely accepted form of payment at Canadian online casinos. It’s no surprise they’re the leading in the iGaming industry. They allow players to enjoy their favourite online casino games with funds that will be paid later. Besides that, credit cards provide instant deposits and are among the most secure online payment service.
Nonetheless, they have their drawbacks, as seen above. The significant shortcomings include lengthy withdrawal timeframes and may not be available as a cashout option. To manoeuvre that, we’ve highlighted a few alternative payment methods you can use at the best credit card casinos on our list.
For the best online gambling experience, we advise players to play at our tried and tested top credit card online casinos. They offer exquisite bonuses, myriad quality games, and unlimited customer support and are licensed by renowned regulators like UKGC and Curacao. Register at any credit casino above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I gamble using credit cards?
They're widely accepted as a casino payment method, and besides offering instant deposits, they're the most secure.
What type of credit cards can I use?
Although there are many credit card options, the most popular in the online gambling world are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
Can I cash out using credit cards?
That depends on the online casino. Some allow credit cards as a withdrawal method, while others don't. Generally, most credit casinos don't accept credit card withdrawals.
Are there any fees involved?
Yes. However, that depends on the credit card casino since some charge for deposits and withdrawals while some don't. If you're gambling with a different currency than your selected one, conversion fees are unavoidable.
What are other alternatives to using credit Cards?
Skrill, Neteller, Paysafecard, and cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin are some popular alternatives offering top-notch security, instant deposits, and fast cashouts.