Responsible Gaming at online casinos
Online Casinos are fun and playing at these casinos should stay fun. Every player can try a number of casinos and games. You can play with free chips or with real money. When you play with real money it is important that you play responsible. Responsible gaming at online casinos can be hard and difficult. You can get stuck up while you are gambling and become a problem gambler. Of course you can win at online casinos. But you can also lose money when you play at these casinos. Gambling should be and stay a sort of entertainment. We don’t want you to see it as a way of making money. When you feel you are losing control over your gambling behaviour we recommend you to use responsible gaming tools at the casino.
On this page I am going to tell you more about responsible gaming at online casinos. You find details of different responsible gaming tools at casinos and tips how you can notice that your gaming is becoming problem gaming. You can read information about the following subjects on this page.
- What is responsible gaming
- Casinos with responsible gaming tools
- Set limits
- Take a break
- How to notice problem gambling or addiction
- Online Support
- Frequently asked question
What is responsible gaming?
At online casinos you play with real money. Responsible gaming is a way of playing casino games with real money in a responsible way. You play responsible when you play with money you can miss and not with money you need for your daily life. When you close a loan to play casino games you don’t gamble responsible. Responsible gaming at online casinos is gambling within your budget and when you have your gambling under control.
Reliable Online casinos offer responsible gaming tools at their casinos. You can use these tools to prevent problem gambling and addiction. A bit further down this page I tell you more about these tools.
Online Casinos with responsible gaming tools
Before I am telling you more about tools to help you play responsible at an online casino I give you an overview of online casinos with responsible gaming tools. In the table underneath you find a list of reliable and safe online casinos in your country. These casinos all have high focus on entertainment and responsible gaming. They all offer you tools which you can use to prevent problem gambling. Every casino offers different tools. But all of them help their players when they notice problem gambling. We recommend you to play at casinos listed on our website. We only add casinos with responsible gaming tools.
|Unique Casino||€10 Free|
100% + 20 Spins
|Cookie Casino||50 Free Spins|
|50 Free Spins|
|Slotwolf||50 Free Spins|
|50 Free Spins|
|Slot Hunter||20 Free Spins|
|20 Free Spins|
|Caxino Casino||€200,- Bonus|
100 Free Spins
|N1 Casino||25 Free Spins|
|25 Free Spins|
|Jonny Jackpot||100 Bonus Spins|
|BetAmo||50 Free Spins|
2x 100% Bonus
|50 Free Spins|
|Wildz Casino||€500,- Bonus|
200 Free Spins
|Playgrand||50 Free Spins|
|50 Free Spins|
Myths about addiction and problem gambling
1️⃣ Addicts and problem gamblers use gambling as an escape from other issues in life
This could be partly true. But most addicts have pretty normal lives without big issues. Problem gambling can lead to bad things or issues. But most gamblers have a pretty normal life before they become problem gamblers or addicts.
2️⃣ If you can afford gambling there is no problem
This is a big myth. Problem gambling has not only to do with money. Gambling can break relationships or it can cause breakdowns in friendships. When gambling becomes a habbit you can also loose your job.
3️⃣ You can only become a problem gambler when you play often
Not true, you can play a few times a month and become a problem gambler or addict. You could loose your salary on one single bet. If that is the case you probably already are a problem gambler.
4️⃣ Addicts and problem gamblers lose because they play badly
Most addicts and problem gamblers know they are playing against the odds or playing games with low RTP’s. But they do this because the odds and payouts are high. So when they win, they win a lot.
Set yourself limits
At almost every online casino you can set you personal gaming limits. In your account you can control your gambling with the following limits
- Deposit limit: Maximum amount of money you want to deposit daily, weekly or monthly
- Wagering limit: The maximum amount of money you want to wager daily, weekly or monthly
- Loss limit: How much you want to lose during a certain period
- Session limit: The maximum length of time you are allowed to play before the casino loggs you out
Responsible gaming is taking a break!
Gambling is something a lot of people get addicted to. To assure you don’t get addicted we advise you to take a break often. Daily, weekly or even monthly breaks. A number of casinos offer you the option to freeze your player account for a certain period. Freeze your account for a period. During this time you will not receive emails with promotion. So you won’t get pushed to come back and play again.
Follow these guidelines of responsible gaming
We have summed up a few important steps to follow to prevent getting addicted to online gambling.
- Consider gambling as a form of entertainment, don’t think it is a way to earn money.
- Don’t think you can win back your losses.
- Decide how much you want to spend and set a limit in your player account.
- Only gamble with money you can miss.
- Only play with licensed operators.
- Keep track of the amount of money you spend gambling.
- Never borrow any money for online gambling.
- Set gaming limits.
- Ask for help when you doubt of an addiction.
Know when to stop gambling
An important aspect of responsible gaming is to know when you have to stop gambling. It is not easy to notice when you have to stop and when things are going a bit too far. Underneath questions can help you to recognize if gambling is getting a huge problem for you. The more questions you can answer with “yes” the greater the chance of a problem.
Personal state of your mind
- Are you thinking and talking about gambling all the time?
- Have you used gambling to escape from worries?
- Are you restless when you are trying to quit gambling?
- Did gambling cause you restless nights?
- Have you ever considered suicide after gambling?
- After you have won any money, did you have a strong urge in winning more?
- After you have lost do you feel the urge to win back your money?
- Have you ever felt an urge to celebrate good fortune in your life by playing for a few hours?
- Do you want to play with higher stakes all the time?
- Have you not been able to resist gambling?
- Have you ever had problems in setting limits or stop playing games?
- Do you gamble till you have lost all your money?
- Do you ever gamble to try and win to pay any debts?
- Have you ever borrowed any money?
- Have you ever sold anything to use the money for gambling?
Relationships and living in a society
- Have others ever criticized you for gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your homelife unhappy?
- Have you ever lost a relationship (friend, family) because of gambling?
- Has gambling affected any of your reputations?
- Do you lie to family or friends to hide your gambling?
- Are you counting on others to solve your financial problems?
- Did you ever lose time from school or work because of gambling?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your efficiency or your professional ambitions?
- Have you lost a job because of gambling?
- Have you stopped education because of gambling?
- Have you committed any illegal act or crime because of gambling?
If you recognize some of the above behaviours in someone close to you or in yourself, we recommend you to get advise or professional help. You can also contact our team. We will help you to get in contact with the right companies and people.
Online Support Tools – GamCare + Gambling Therapy
When you think you have a problem you can contact a few online support resources. These resources can help you, your family and your friends through your addiction. In this paragraph we will highlight the 2 most used online support services, Gamcare and Gambling Therapy.
GamCare – How can GamCare help me?
GamCare is a team with national experts. These experts can help you prevent becoming a problem gambler. But they can also treat you when you are an addict or problem gambler. The organisation opened her online doors in 1997 and is the leading provider of support, information and free counselling. You can contact GamCare online or by phone.
All help at GamCare is anonymous and 100% free. If you want you can also arrange a face to face meeting with an expert. When you think you are at the point of becoming a problem gambler GamCare is the first organisation you should contact. Their advice will help you a lot.
Gambling Therapy – How can it help me? And how does it work?
Gambling Therapy is a world-wide resources for addicts and problem gamblers. Problem gamblers from all territories can contact Gambling Therapy and enter the available resources. This is an online support service for addicts but also for friends and family of people hurt by a gambling problem.
Gambling Therapy is a non profit charity. The website is loaded with guids and information which can help you prevent an addiction or help you from being addicted. They also help you find local resources in your territory.
It doesn’t matter where you live or what kind of gambling problem you are suffering. We guarantee you that you will benefit from the Gambling Therapy services. Correspondence is 100% anonymous and includes one on one online contact with experts.
Start playing with a no deposit bonus
If you know you won’t become an addict or problem gambler I recommend you to play at online casinos with an interesting no deposit bonus. You can play a few games without making a deposit. You don’t risk losing any money. And it gives you the opportunity to try an online casino before you start playing with real money. It is also a way to find out if you are a potential problem gambler or not. We offer a decent amount of online casinos with a free spins bonus. You can easily collect €10 free play money or 50 free spins on registration.
Frequently Asked Questions Responsible Gambling
Do online casinos offer responsible gambling tools?
Most online casinos offer you a number of tools to prevent problem gambling or an addiction. We highly recommend you to play at casinos with responsible gambling tools. All casinos listed on BestBettingCasinos.com offer responsible gaming tools.
Can I close my account when I don’t want to play anymore?
Yes you can. Casinos offer you the opportunity to remove your account or they can exclude you. When you remove your account you are able to open a new one. When you exclude yourself from the casino you are not able to open a new account at that casino.
Can I undo it when I have set some limits?
In most cases you can only undo the setting when you contact customer support or after 24 hours. You have set these limits for a reason, so it would be strange if you can change them in a few simple steps.
Why do casinos offer responsible gaming tools?
Casinos don’t want to support problem gambling. Gambling needs to be entertaining and when a player becomes a problem gambler it is not entertaining anymore. Casinos rather have normal players that play a few days a week. Problem gamblers or addicts could cause problems at casinos.
How can I find out if I am a problem gambler?
You can find out if you are a problem gambler when you check the list of criteria a bit higher up this page. When you answer a number of questions with “yes” you are a problem gambler or you are at the point of becoming a problem gambler.