One unique feature of NetEnt Common Draw Live Blackjack is that there is always a seat available for you to play. How this is possible? Well, every player that plays online will draw the same cards. This means everyone competes with the dealer using the same cards. But while playing you can decide to drawRead more
One of the most popular and iconic table games is Blackjack. You will find the game of Blackjack in almost all (online) casinos and in many different varieties. During the game of Blackjack you, and the rest of the table, will play against the bank in order to win money. The purpose of the game is to get as close to 21 as possible. You can do this with your starting hand (two cards), and by buying more cards. But beware, when you exceed 21, you will go bust and lose your bet. When you get closer to 21 than the bank then you will win, and double your money. One of the most iconic hands during this game is the Blackjack, which means you hit 21 right away. This is possible by getting an Ace (1 or 11) and a Ten or Face (10). Want to learn more about the game of Blackjack, the best casino to play Blackjack and interesting tips and strategies? Then continue reading!
- Introduction – A round of Blackjack
- Best Live Blackjack Casinos
- How to play Blackjack on the internet?
- How to win during Blackjack?
- How to increase your odds of winning money?
- What are side bets?
- How does splitting pairs work?
- How and why should I ”Double Down”?
- What does ”Bet behind” mean?
- Blackjack Dictionary – What does this word mean?
- Live Blackjack Tips
- Blackjack Strategies
- Blackjack Decision Making Process
INTRODUCTION – A ROUND OF BLACKJACK
Blackjack is a fairly easy card game which you can play in almost every online casino. The main goal of Blackjack is to get as close to 21, but don’t exceed it. When you do this better than the bank, you will double your money. On top of this you can hit a Blackjack which pays 2,5 times your bet. A typical round of Blackjack goes like this;
- You can place your bet and maybe additional side bets. Later I will explain how side bets work.
- The dealer will deal everyone two card, which is their starting hand.
- The dealer will go ask every player if they want to stand or buy another card. In some cases you will also be able to double or split, I will explain this later.
- After every player made their choice the dealer will play its cards. The dealer must stand at 17 and must draw to 16. When the dealer goes bust you win, when the dealer gets closer to 21 they win. When you both hit the same value it’s a push, you will get your bet back.
- After the dealer played its hand it will pay everyone and collect the cards. Once done, a new round of Blackjack starts.
Playing Blackjack is based on luck, but it also involves some strategy. You need to know when to buy a card, when to stand and when to double. Later in this article I will share some of my personal tips while playing Live Blackjack.
BEST LIVE BLACKJACK CASINOS
When you want to play Live Blackjack on the internet then its very important to choose a reliable and safe online casino. In the table below you will find a selection of online casinos which we recommend when you want to play live dealer games like Blackjack. We have tested all these online casinos and we are sure these are reliable, safe and secure. One of my personal favourites is LeoVegas Casino. At LeoVegas you will find a very wide selection of live dealer games. LeoVegas offers Blackjack games by Evolution Gaming, Extreme Live Gaming, NetEnt Live and they have there own branded live dealer games, the ‘’Chambre Séparée’’. In the Chambre Séparée you will find all top live games in HD quality. Most of the streams are available 24/7. And you know what’s fun? Sometimes the games are even hosted by celebrities. Sign up your free account at LeoVegas today and start playing live dealer games with a €10,- Live Casino Bonus. In addition to this you will also be able to collect a 100% deposit bonus up to €250,-.
|CASINO||REVIEW||(LIVE) CASINO BONUS||RATING||CODE||PLAY|
|LeoVegas Review||€10,- Free|
100% Bonus (€250,-)
|No code needed|
|Dunder Review||20 Free Spins|
200% Bonus + 180 Spins
|No code needed|
|21Casino Review||21 Free Spins|
121% Bonus (€300,-)
|No code needed|
|Playgrand Review||50 Free Spins|
|No code needed|
|Casilando Review||90 Free Spins|
|No code needed|
|Energy Casino||€ 5,- Free Cash |
|No code needed|
|Casumo Review||200 Free Spins|
|No code needed|
|LV Bet Review||€ 5,- Free|
1000 Free Spins
|No code needed|
|PokerStars||200% up to €500,-|
10 Free Spins
LIVE BLACKJACK – PLAY FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME
Back in the days you needed to visit the casino when you want to play Blackjack, but these days are over! Since a few years it is possible to play the best casino games from the comfort of your own home. Simply turn on your desktop or unlock your smartphone or tablet and enjoy the excitement of the real casino. At most casinos you will find a wide portfolio of slots games and table games. In addition to that many casino nowadays have a Live Casino section. In the Live Casino you can play classic game like Roulette and Blackjack while watching the game through a HD live video connection. When you play Blackjack for example you will see a real dealer shuffle and deal the cards. They will even talk to you and ask if you want to buy another card. Because of this Live Blackjack is getting more and more popular. In addition to this playing Blackjack online has multiple benefits. For example;
- You won’t have to spend time and money to get to the casino.
- Online you will enjoy more game types and betting options.
- Live Blackjack is available around the clock (24/7).
- At online casinos you will be able to pay with multiple reliable payment methods.
- You can play from any device and from any place.
- Sometimes you can play games in your own language and currencies.
- Playing online is anonymous, nobody will know.
- You can also learn and try out game for free!
- There is always a seat available to play, especially with the NetEnt Common Draw Live Blackjack game.
- At online casinos you will be able to claim generous welcome bonuses and registration offers.
Curious how fun Live Blackjack is? Then sign up your free account at LeoVegas Casino! At LeoVegas you can try out the Live Casino with a €10,- money bonus without having to make a first deposit!
Blackjack can be a pretty lucrative game when you are in a lucky streak, but you can also quickly lose a lot of money. When you win a hand you will get a return of 1:1. This means you will get your bet back plus your bet as profit. For example; When you bet €20,-, and you win, you will get €20,- x 2 = €40,-.
When the bank gets closer to 21 you will lose, and get no return. When you get the same value as the bank and you bet €20,-, you will get your €20,- back.
When you get lucky and have a Blackjack you will win 3:2. This means you will get your money back plus 1,5x your bet as profit. For example; When you bet €20,-, and get a Blackjack, you will get €20,- + 1,5x 20,- (€30,-) = €50,-.
If the dealer draws an Ace as first card you can also decide to buy insurance. This is an additional bet which allows you to break even when the dealers gets a Blackjack. It works like this; When you bet €20,-, and the dealer draws an Ace, you can get Insurance for half of your bet (€10,-). When the dealers get the Blackjack, you will get your insurance bet x2 (1:2). This means your €10,- Insurance bet will earn you €20,- which was your original stake. When the dealer doesn’t get Blackjack, and you lose, you will lose €30,- instead of €20,-.
INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING
While playing a regular game of Blackjack you will always need to face the housed edge. This means your chance of winning is always lower than the odds of the house. Although this is the case you can use basic strategies in order to increase your odds of winning. When you know what to look for, and how to play, you can lower the house edge to 0,5% or less. This is very low and give you the opportunity to win when money when you have some luck. And it sure is better than the regular house of edge which lays somewhere between 2% and 5%. In the overview below you will find the top 15 Blackjack rules which work in your advantage. Use this overview to find the best online games with the lowest house edge!
|Double Exposure||All cards are dealt face up.||+8,8%|
|Blackjack Pay 2:1||A Blackjack pays 2:1 instead of 3:2.||+2,27%|
|Five Card Charlie||Getting five cards without going bust wins over everything accept a Dealers Blackjack.||+1,46%|
|Suited Blackjack||A Suited Blackjack pays 2:1 instead of 3:2.||+0,57%|
|21 Always Wins||A player which reaches 21 always wins.||+0,54%|
|Early Surrender||Fold your cards and get back half your bet.||+0,39%|
|Blackjack Always Wins||A player with a Blackjack wins over a dealers Blackjack.||+0,30%|
|Double Down on 2+ Cards||The option to double down on any amount of cards.||+0,21%|
|Blackjack After Split||Getting a 3:2 payout after hitting a Blackjack while splitting.||+0,19%|
|Hit on Split Aces||Option to draw multiple cards after splitting Aces.||+0,19%|
|Six Card Charlie||Getting six cards without going bust wins over everything accept a Dealers Blackjack.||+0,15%|
|Double Down after splitting||Allows you to double even after splitting.||+0,13%|
|Resplitting Aces Allowed||Option to split again after splitting Aces.||+0,08%|
|Seven Card Charlie||Getting seven cards without going bust wins over everything accept a Dealers Blackjack.||+0,01%|
|Split Rescue||The option to surrender after splitting a pair.||+0,00%|
A TOTAL OF 21 IS NOT ALWAYS A BLACKJACK
One important thing to know is that 21 isn’t always a Blackjack. During most games 21 is only a Blackjack when you get them straight away (Ace + 10 / Face). When you get for example two Aces, and you split them, you will not get a Blackjack payout when you hit a Ten or Face. This will just be a 21, and pay 1:1. In some casinos you will even lose with 21 when the dealer has a natural Blackjack. Always pay attention to the casino rules and table rules before starting a game. It is very important to know when you get a Blackjack payout, and when not!
Some Blackjack games also offer you the chance to win more money by placing side bets. Side bets are additional bets next to your regular Blackjack bet. Most Blackjack games offer you the opportunity to place side bets from as low as €1,-. Below I will explain which side bets there are available and how they work.
When you bet money on ‘’Perfect Pair’’ you will get paid when you get two of the same cards from the dealer. A perfect pair only pays when you get the pair during your first two cards. Depending one the colours you will get a fairly nice payout. It works like this;
- A Perfect Pair; Hit a pair of the same cards of the same suit. For example; Two Kings of Spade. This pair pays 25:1, a €2 bet for example pays €50,-.
- A Coloured Pair; Hit a pair of the same colour, but not of the same suit. For example; A Ten of Hearts and a Ten of Diamonds. This pays 12:1, bet €2,- to win €24,-.
- A Mixed Pair; Hit a pair which is not the same suit and not the same colour. For example; A Queen of Spades and a Queen of Hearts. This pays 6:1, bet €2,- to get a €12,- return.
The chance of landing a pair isn’t really that big, but the returns can be pretty nice. I don’t really recommend using the side bet all the time, but it can be interesting when you are feeling lucky!
21 + 3 SIDE BET
One other possible side bet is the ‘’21 + 3 Side Bet’’. When you place money on this side bet you are betting on getting a winning combination with your first two cards and the first card of the dealer. You can win money by hitting one of the following Poker combinations;
- Suited Trips; This is the hardest and most valuable side bet, Suited Trips. You win this when you get a combination of three of the same cards of the same suit. For example; Three Aces of Spades. This pay 1:100, bet €2,- to get €200,- in return for example.
- Straight Flush; A Straight Flush is also very hard to get. To get this combination you will need to get three connecting cards of the same suit. For example a 4, 5 and 6 of Hearts. This pays 1:40, bet €2,- to get €80,- in return.
- Three of a Kind; Get three of the same cards but not of the same suit. For example; Get three Jacks of different suits. This pays 1:30, bet €2,- to win €60,-.
- Straight; Get three cards in numerical sequence but not of the same suit. For example; Get a 10, Jack and Queen. This pays 1:10, bet €2,- to win €20,-.
- Flush; Get three cards of the same suit. For example; A 4, 8 and Ace of Hearts. This pays 1:5, bet €2,- to get €10,- in return.
Most of the combinations of this side bet are hard to get, and because of that I don’t think placing side bets on the long run is profitable. Because of this I recommend using this side bet when you are feeling really lucky or when you want to raise the excitement.
When you get a matching pair, you can decide to split them. For example; When you get two 8’s, you can split them in two different hands. It is not possible to split you hand when you get for example a 10 and a Face. When you split you will double your bet, and play two separate hands. You can win both, lose both or win one and lose one. In some cases you can split Aces, but you can only draw one card for each hand. In most cases it is also possible to split after a split when you get another matching card. Have a look at the game rules to be sure how the game works.
Live Blackjack games also offer you the options to double your bet, this is called the ‘’Double Down’’ bet. Most games allow you to double when you get a total of 10 or 11 with your first two cards. After you doubles you will only be able to buy one more card, so this have to be a high one! In the most perfect scenario you will get 11, double, and hit a Ten or a Face. In this case you have 21 and doubled your stake. This can be a very rewarding strategy. When you get a low card you will need to hope the dealer goes bust.
TABLE FULL? BET BEHIND!
When all seats of a Blackjack table are taken you can also decide to place bets on one of the other players. We call this the ‘’Bet behind’’ option. In this way you can still play although all seats are taken. When you want to do this we recommend having a look at players betting styles first. Do you like how one of the players plays its cards? Then place bets on that players!
While playing Blackjack you might come across word that you don’t recognise. To help you understand the game we have set up a small Blackjack dictionary. In our dictionary you will find many words which are related to the game of Blackjack. Do you find any more words you don’t know? Please let us know by sending us a message!
- 21 + 3 Bet; An additional bet which pays when you get one out of five Poker combinations.
- 21; Blackjack is also known as the game ‘’21’’, which refers to the total amount of point you want to get.
- Anchorman; This is the player which sits most right of the dealer. This player will be able to draw the last cards of the table.
- Back Counting; A player who counts cards but isn’t active in the game. This player is waiting for an opportunity to join the game.
- Betting Limits; Every table has a minimum bet and a maximum bet. Most Blackjack games start at €10,- per hand. Some go up to €10.000,- or more per hand.
- Blackjack; When you get a total of 21 within your first two cards. This happens when you hit an Ace and a 10 or Face.
- Burning Cards; During some games the dealer will discard some of the first cards of a new deck right away, this is called burning cards.
- Buy In; Referred to the amount of chips a player buys after joining a table. This online happens in real life casinos and not online.
- Chip; A plastic disk which represents a certain amount of money. You can use chips to place bets on the table.
- Counting cards; Players who are able to count cards can accurately memorize which cards have been played. This can help the player figure out which cards are still left in the Shoe. Using this information the player can make better choices. Although counting cards is legal most casinos will remove you from the table when they notice it.
- Dealer; The dealer is responsible for dealing the cards and switching the Shoe.
- Dealing; This is the act of serving the players new cards.
- Double After Split (DAS); Some games allow you to double after splitting a pair.
- Double Down; When you double down you will double your bet and you can only get one more card. This is a useful strategy when you have a total of 10 or 11 with your first two cards.
- Double Exposure; A different variety of the game of Blackjack.
- Early Surrender; In some Blackjack games you can surrender. In this case you will fold your hand and get back half your stake. This is really useful when the dealers has an Ace.
- Even Money; During some Blackjack types the dealer can offer you Even Money when you hit a Blackjack and the dealer as has an Ace. In this card you will not get a Blackjack payout but a regular 1:1 payout.
- Face; A Face card is a Jack, Queen or King. All these cards represent the value 10.
- Going bust; This happens when you exceed the total amount of 21.
- Grinder; A player who only plays small bets.
- Hard hand; A hand which can only represent one value. For example; Jack + 7 = 17.
- High Roller; Someone who places high bets on the table.
- Hit; You will ask the dealer to draw you another card.
- Hole card; This is the dealers card that is upside down (the hidden card).
- House Percentage; This refers to the advantage the casino has over you in a particular game.
- House; When someone refers to ‘’the House’’ they mean the casino.
- Insurance; When the dealer hit an Ace as Up Card you can get insurance. This is an additional bet which you can use to win money when the dealer has a Blackjack. Insurance pays 2:1, which is designed to get you total bet back when you win.
- Late Surrender; When this rule is active you can surrender before taking any cards.
- Natural Blackjack; Two card that equal 21 is called a natural 21.
- Pair; Getting two of the same cards in your starting hand. For example; Two 8’s of Hearts and Spades.
- Perfect Pair; An additional bet which pays when you get a (Perfect) Pair.
- Pontoon; Back in the days the game of Blackjack was referred to as ‘’Pontoon’’.
- Push; A push occurs when you and the dealer tie. For example; You both get 18, you will get your bet back.
- Return to Player (RTP); The percentage of all the bets which will go back to the players.
- Shoe; The shoe is the box where the dealer gets the cards from.
- Shuffle; The process of mixing cards is called shuffling.
- Side bet; Additional bets which you can place next to your regular bet.
- Single Deck; Using only one pack of cards in a Blackjack game.
- Soft hand; A hand which can represent two value. For example; Ace + 5 = 6 or 16.
- Spanish 21; A different variety of the game of Blackjack.
- Splitting; When you have a pair you can split your hand into two separate hands.
- Stand; When you don’t want to buy any more cards you will need to stand.
- Suited Cards; When you get cards of the same suit. For example 8 and 10 of Hearts.
- Super 7’s; A different variety of the game of Blackjack.
- Surrender Anytime; When this rule is active you can even surrender after drawing one or more cards.
- Twenty One; Sometimes Blackjack is also referred to as Twenty One.
- Up card; This is the dealers card you can see straight after dealing.
LIVE BLACKJACK TIPS
Although Blackjack is a game of luck there are some tips and strategies which you can use to increase your chance of winnings. These tips help you decide when to buy a card, and when to stand. Below I will share some of my personal Blackjack tips.
- Statistically it is not in your favour to take an insurance when the dealer hits an Ace.
- When you get two tens or faces it is best to stand. Splitting two tens is statistically not the best options.
- Never split 5’s.
- If you get two Aces, always split and double your bet in order to land a 10.
- Double down when you hit 10 or 11. It gives you 20 or 21 when hitting an Ace or Face.
- Never stand below 12. Always take another card.
- Stand in most case of a hard 17 of more.
- Never get emotional, stick to your game plan.
Do you have other personal tips? Then leave them in a comment!
When you are playing Blackjack you can use Blackjack Strategies in order to increase your odds. There are multiple Blackjack strategies which are based on maths which tell you when to hit, when to stand, when to split, when to double down and when to surrender. One of the most popular and well-known strategies is the ‘’Basic Strategy’’. The Basic Strategy is nothing more than a huge chart which tells you what to do in which situation. When you memorize this chart, you will always have the best chance of winning money. Below you can see the chart and some important rules.
IMPORTANT RULES BASIC STRATEGY
- Never take Insurance while playing Blackjack!
- Never go for ‘’Even Money’’ while hitting a Blackjack.
- Never split 5’s. In no situation!
- Memorize this chart but make adjustments according to the situation.
- Using the chart allow is not enough! You will also need to use other strategies and methods to increase your odds. All with all you will need to count cards, use deviations, use true count conversions and other betting strategies in order to increase your odds of winning.
- When possible, surrender 16 when the dealer has an 9, 10 or Ace.
- When possible, surrender 15 against a dealers 10. Otherwise don’t surrender.
- Always split Aces, never split Tens.
- Always split 8’s.
- Always stand when you have 17 or more.
- Always hit when you get an 8.
- Always double when you get 11.
BLACKJACK DECISION MAKING PROCESS
Use the following questions in order to decide when to do what;
- Can I surrender and should I surrender? When you are playing on a table which allows you to surrender you should first decide if this is smart to do. Use the chart to decide if this is a mathematical good decision or not. If you cannot surrender or it is not a smart decision then you can continue to the next step.
- Can I split, and do I want to split? When you get a pair your secondly need to decide if you want to split. Is it a good decisions according to the chart? Then split! Is it not a good idea to split? Then continue to the next question.
- Can I double, or do I want to double? After step 2 you will need to figure out if you can double, and If you should do that. When you get a total of 11 you should always double. Check the chart for any of the other situations.
- Should I hit, or should I stand? After taking no or one of the following actions you should decide if you want to hit or stand. Using the chart and some basic rules you can decide what’s best to do.